From CEO and corporate gun to meditation teacher and nature lover, Tim James has followed an interesting career path; one that passed through burnout, stress and depression and ultimately led him back to (him)Self. Tim shares how learning about meditation was a revelation for him at a time when he was low, unclear and needing a change in life.
In this episode, Tim talks about his experience of mindfulness, self-inquiry and the nature of who we are. Tim also discusses some of the common misconceptions about meditation and mindfulness and how it is not as woo-woo, difficult or unrelatable as one might think.
- Tim’s tips on dealing with thoughts during meditation.
- How meditation helped Tim work out what he wanted to do with his life.
- How mindfulness can help you through and out of low points in life.
- Tim's perspective on self-inquiry, what it is and how to practice it.
PLUS, Tim shares one essential insight that transforms everything in life!
Links and resources:
- Enjoy free guided meditations by Tim James and check out his website.
- Read about The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.
- Check out Byron Katie and Deepak Chopra.
- Visit ACMM (formally ACHS) re studying meditation, mindfulness and teaching it. (Highly recommend this training.)
- Read about informal meditation practice, AKA doing things mindfully.
- For more about me and what I do, visit my website.
- Subscribe to my mailing list to stay in the loop and receive a free gift to increase happiness.
- Join my 5-week meditation and mindfulness course starting 9 November.
SUBSCRIBE to the podcast so you don’t miss future episodes.
And, if you enjoyed this episode, leave us a rating and a review? Thanks!
Produced by Jen Hill on Kaurna land. Music by Gary Martin.